Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hello.......

Years ago, I had a blog called "Adventures with Toots and Noodles."  It was about my life on Long Island with my husband and my two adopted-from-foster-care kids. I stopped blogging when the situations with my daughter Toots were becoming more and more difficult to handle.

I just had the impulse to start up again, and Google made it very easy with Blogger.

Fast forward. Toots is 17. She has been in and out of psych hospitals and residential treatment facilities for almost five years now. She moved to a girls' community residence last week, but due to circumstances which I may detail later, she had to return to the hospital. She is having a sad and difficult adolescence, and the chances are good that her adulthood will go the same way.

Noodles just turned 14.  He no longer wishes to be known as Noodles.  He prefers to be called The Ninja. Last May, he earned his first degree black belt in karate, and is now exploring the worlds of mixed martial arts, sport jiu-jitsu, and tricking.

Can I post a picture on this thing?  When I figure it out, I'll add a recent photo of him doing a backflip.  Or was it a frontflip?

There (deep breath), I got started, in a small way.  I don't know how much time I'll have to blog, but it feels interesting to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment