Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Keeping Fingers Crossed

Yesterday afternoon, Toots called up complaining that she didn't have a backpack to start school with. I was not about to run out, buy a new one, and take it to the residence. After phone calls back and forth, my husband decided he would lend her his bag for the day; he stopped at the residence after work and dropped it off. Last evening, I found her pink backpack from last spring, reasonably in sight in her room. It looks almost new. Lew took it with him this morning, and will drop it off to her tonight.

The kicker is that, for some unknown reason, Toots became angry with her staff and housemates last night, and would barely speak when Lew stopped at the house. She did say that she was thinking about whether she would cooperate in going to school this morning, and she hadn't decided if she would or not.

Well, it's 10 am, and I haven't heard from anyone at the house. I HOPE that means she got up, got dressed, and got on the bus. And I HOPE she makes it through the day. I'm not a 12-stepper, but the "one day at a time" principle really applies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment